As we move into 2021, it is abundantly clear that although we have been fortunate in Canberra to have avoided the worst, this journey is just beginning.
At Canberra Spine Centre, we continue to take the threat of Covid19 seriously, and have not let up in our discipline and routine around hygiene in the clinic.
It is vital that we continue to be vigilant, to help prevent or reduce the chances of an outbreak in our community.
Yes – We Are Open!
Chiropractors, as allied health practitioners, have always been deemed to be ‘essential services’, so we have remained open throughout the pandemic.
While, understandably, some of our patients chose to stay away for a while, they have come back to see us in more recent times.
We continue to take special measures in our clinic to create a low-risk environment for all our patients, and that has created a level of trust in our community.
What are we doing to protect against COVID-19
The health and safety of our patients and staff at Canberra Spine Centre is our number one priority.
We continue to follow all recommended Australian Government Department of Health recommendations to keep our clinic as a low-risk environment for all.
Please continue to check in on our Facebook page for updates as to how we are managing the Coronavirus situation.
Clinic Hygiene and Cleanliness
- All our team members have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training through the Australian Government Department of Health and are rigorously adhering to these guidelines.
- All practitioners sanitise their hands after each treatment.
- All table surfaces in contact with head or hands are being cleaned after each patient visit.
- All ‘high touch’ surfaces and areas are being cleaned multiple times per day.
- All magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the reception area.
- All patients are instructed to use hand sanitiser upon entry and departure from Canberra Spine Centre. This is located on the reception counter.
- Chairs have been removed from the reception area to allow for a minimum of 1.5m distance between them, or 4 m2 per person.
- Patients visiting with children or partners are shown through to the treatment rooms together to minimise numbers in reception.
- Patients who prefer to wait in their car can do so and be called on their mobile phone to come into the room when the practitioner is ready to see them.
- Patients who prefer to pay for their appointment over the phone with credit card prior to attending can do so. We can email your receipt for you to claim online via your private health insurer’s website.
Please call us to re-schedule your appointment if:
- You feel unwell and have any of the following symptoms – fever, dry cough, tiredness, shortness or breath, sore throat, muscle and joint pains, headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, runny nose, loss of smell or taste.
- You have recently been in close contact with a person diagnosed with Covid19.
- You have visited a Covid19 hotspot recently.
- Please do not bring anyone into the clinic with you that is unwell. If you have others in attendance with you for your appointment, we ask that they also hand sanitise upon their entry and exit to the clinic.
- If you are unsure whether you should attend your appointment, please contact our reception team who will advise accordingly. Please remember our 24hr cancellation & rescheduling policy still applies during this time.
Call (02) 6257 9400 or visit us at 7 Macpherson St in O’Connor.