What are we doing to protect against COVID-19
The health and safety of our patients and staff at Canberra Spine Centre is our number one priority. We are doing all that we can to keep our clinic as a low-risk infection zone for all.
Please continue to check in on our Facebook page for updates as to how we are managing the Coronavirus situation.
- If you are at all unwell or have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with Coronavirus we ask that you call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Each of our team members have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training through the Australian Government Department of Health.
We are continuing to undertake clinical hand hygiene processes and sterilisation of all clinical equipment and surfaces. We ask that patients assist us in these measures and practice their own hand hygiene as well.
- We ask that all patients use hand sanitiser upon their entry, and upon their departure from Canberra Spine Centre. We have plenty available for our patients use.
- We are ensuring that our waiting room, our clinic rooms, and our x-ray facilities are being cleaned multiple times a day.
- If you would prefer to wait for your appointment in your car we are happy to arrange for that to occur.
- If you would prefer to pay for your appointment over the phone using your credit card prior to attending, we are happy to arrange this, and can email your receipt for you to claim online via your private health insurers website.
- We ask that during this time you do not bring anyone into the clinic with you that may be unwell. If you have others in attendance with you for your appointment, we ask that they also hand sanitise upon their entry and exit to the clinic.
- If you are unsure whether you should attend your appointment, please contact our reception team who will advise accordingly. Please remember our 24hr cancellation & rescheduling policy still applies during this time.
- No team members will be attending work if they are at all unwell. We ask that you extend your understanding if your appointment may need to be rescheduled due to illness.
Call (02) 6257 9400 or visit us at 7 Macpherson St in O’Connor.