Yes – We Are Open!
The Australian government has deemed all allied health practitioners to be ‘essential services’ at this point, ostensibly to help keep our population healthy and well, and to reduce the load on hospital services and GP clinics.
As such, Canberra Spine Centre is open as usual, with special measures taken to create a low risk environment.
What are we doing to protect against COVID-19
The health and safety of our patients and staff at Canberra Spine Centre is our number one priority. We are following all recommended Australian Government Department of Health recommendations to keep our clinic as a low-risk environment for all. Please continue to check in on our Facebook page for updates as to how we are managing the Coronavirus situation.
Clinic Hygiene and Cleanliness
- All our team members have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Training through the Australian Government Department of Health and are rigorously adhering to these guidelines.
- All practitioners sanitise their hands after each treatment.
- All table surfaces in contact with head or hands are being cleaned after each patient visit.
- All ‘high touch’ surfaces and areas are being cleaned multiple times per day.
- All magazines and children’s toys have been removed from the reception area.
- All patients are instructed to use hand sanitiser upon entry and departure from Canberra Spine Centre. This is located on the reception counter.
- Chairs have been removed from the reception area to allow for a minimum of 1.5m distance between them, or 4 m2 per person.
- Patients visiting with children or partners are shown through to the treatment rooms together to minimise numbers in reception.
- Chairs have been placed outside for those who wish to wait outside.
- Patients who prefer to wait in their car can do so and be called on their mobile phone to come in to the room when the practitioner is ready to see them.
- Patients who prefer to pay for their appointment over the phone with credit card prior to attending can do so. We can email your receipt for you to claim online via your private health insurer’s website.
- If you are at all unwell or have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with Coronavirus please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Please do not bring anyone into the clinic with you that is unwell. If you have others in attendance with you for your appointment, we ask that they also hand sanitise upon their entry and exit to the clinic.
- If you are unsure whether you should attend your appointment, please contact our reception team who will advise accordingly. Please remember our 24hr cancellation & rescheduling policy still applies during this time.
Call (02) 6257 9400 or visit us at 7 Macpherson St in O’Connor.