What does the word “wellness” mean to you? Is it just the absence of disease? If that’s the case, many people can be declared “well” but still feel achy, fatigued and depressed most of the time. Your chiropractor in Canberra looks at wellness in a more holistic manner and wants you to not only be free of major health problems but also feel vibrant and empowered to make choices that enhance your overall health. Seeing your chiropractor regularly is just one of the many ways to help you achieve a sense of well-being and work toward realizing your full potential.
What Actions Contribute to Wellness?
There are several different types of wellness, including intellectual, emotional and spiritual, but physical wellness provides a solid foundation for all of these. The following can help you feel balanced and healthy on a physical level:
- Exercise: It only takes about 30 minutes of physical activity per day to reduce your risk of serious health problems as well as feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Nutrition: Controlling food portions, eating only when you are physically hungry and eating a variety of natural, unprocessed foods are the keys to nutritional health.
- Sleep: The ideal amount of sleep for most adults is seven to nine hours per night.
- Stress Relief: Stress affects you physically and mentally, so it is vital that you find healthy ways to express your emotions, which may include confiding in friends or seeing a therapist.
- Avoiding Unhealthy Substances: Tobacco and illegal drugs are best avoided if you want to maintain optimal health. If you choose to drink alcohol, do it in moderation and eat food with it to slow its absorption.
- Medical Care: Regular checkups, including physical, dental and vision, allow your healthcare providers to offer you preventative measures or catch newly developing problems early enough that they can be addressed with minimally invasive treatments.
What Is the Role of Chiropractic Care in Wellness?
Chiropractic adjustments help align the spine, which takes pressure off the spinal nerves. This not only helps alleviate neck and back pain but also allows the nervous system to function optimally. As a result, the brain communicates with the rest of the body as it should, and all bodily systems are able to work together. A commitment to regular chiropractic care is an investment in your health that makes you more aware of your body, which prompts you to maintain good posture and take other measures to enhance your physical health.
Contact Your Canberra Chiropractor Today
Whether you have back pain, headaches or other physical maladies, your chiropractor in Canberra can provide the relief you need. To learn more about our services or set up your initial consultation,
contact Canberra Spine Centre today.